The online registration for admission into colleges affiliated with Delhi University will start at 6 pm today.
Students can begin their online registration process by logging in to http://www.du.ac.in and pay the registration fee.
DU will conduct ‘Open Days’ between 10am to 1pm every day till May 31 to provide the information on courses, colleges and the admission process to secure that elusive seat in one of DU’s 63 colleges. There are about 56,000 undergraduate seats in the university. Last year, it had received nearly 2.5 lakh applications.
Step by step guide to submit application online:
- You have to apply online through UG admission portal
- You have to choose the course/ college seats online as per the notification
- Opting for ECA and sports quota shall have to apply online, as well
- You have to signup at the portal by providing the email id (valid; this will be the mode of communication with the University thereafter) and phone number
- Confirm the registration
- Complete the registration after “signup”
- Fill all the eight sections with accurate information
- Deposit the application fee
The following documents need to be uploaded during the online registration process:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant. The specification of the passport size photo is same as that used in the Indian Passport.
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self attested copy of Class X Board Certificate (for the date of birth)
- Self attested Class XII Marks-Sheet, if result is announced. (In case Mark-Sheet is not issued by the Board then the self attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective boards’ website should be uploaded).
- Self attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW Certificate, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of income certificate (for OBC non-creamy layer) Certificate, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Sport Certificate(s) for last three years, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Extra Curricular Activities Certificate(s), if applicable
The first cut-off will be out on 20 June, while the academic session is expected to begin on 20 July.